HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tower Heist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric.Q
Admin

PostSubject: Tower Heist   Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 am

Tower Heist is a 2011 crime comedy film directed by Brett Ratner and written by Ted Griffin and Jeff Nathanson, based on a story by Bill Collage, Adam Cooper, and Griffin. It was released on November 2, 2011 in the United Kingdom, with a United States release following two days later. Tower Heist follows Josh (Ben Stiller), Charlie (Casey Affleck), and Dev'reaux (Michael Peña), employees of an exclusive apartment building who lose their pensions in the Ponzi scheme of Wall Street businessman Arthur Shaw (Alan Alda). The group enlist the aid of criminal Slide (Eddie Murphy), bankrupt businessman Mr. Fitzhugh (Matthew Broderick), and another employee of the apartment building, Odessa (Gabourey Sidibe), to break into Shaw's apartment and steal back their money while avoiding the FBI agent in charge of his case, Claire Denham (Téa Leoni).

Tower Heist began development as early as 2005, based on an idea by Murphy that would star himself and an all-black cast of comedians as a heist group who rob Trump Plaza. As the script developed and changed into an Ocean's Eleven–style caper, Murphy left the project. Ratner continued to develop the idea into what would eventually become Tower Heist, with Murphy later rejoining the production. Filming took place entirely in New York City on a budget of $85 million, with several buildings provided by Donald Trump used to represent the titular tower. The film score was composed by Christophe Beck and released commercially on November 1, 2011.

The film received a generally positive critical reception with much of the praise going to the cast, including Sidibe, Leoni, and Stiller. However, Murphy was repeatedly singled out by critics as the star of the film, with critics feeling that he displayed a welcome return to the comedic style of his early career. Much of the criticism received by the film was focused on the plot which was considered "formulaic,"[5] "rushed,"[6] "dull,"[7] and "laborious."[8] As of February 2012, the film has earned $146 million during its theatrical run.

Ben Stiller as Josh Kovacs
The building manager. Stiller was paid $15 million for the role

Eddie Murphy as Slide
A petty crook whom Josh turns to for help. Murphy joined the cast on October 13, 2010, and also became a producer on the film.[10] He was paid $7.5 million for his work

Casey Affleck as Charlie Gibbs
The building concierge and Josh's brother-in-law. Affleck wanted to participate in the film as he was interested in playing a comedy role, saying "it sounded like a fun film to do. I wanted to do a comedy, and I thought this was an opportunity to try and be funny."[11] Grazer felt that Affleck would be perfect for the role because of his deadpan timing

Alan Alda as Arthur Shaw
A Wall Street billionaire placed under house arrest for stealing $2 billion. On his character, Alda said "Shaw is sometimes described as a Bernie Madoff-like character. I'm not sure. I don't think anyone has ever operated on the scale that Madoff did. And I don't know if what Shaw did technically qualifies as a Ponzi scheme. But in that Shaw was willing to steal money from people who really needed it – who really couldn't afford to lose it – and willing to take everything they had…yes, he's in Bernie territory, with both feet."[11] Ratner initially approached Robert Redford to play the role, being a fan of his work in the heist film The Hot Rock, but Redford turned him down

Matthew Broderick as Mr. Fitzhugh
A former Wall Street investor made bankrupt.[13] Broderick joined the cast on October 26, 2010.[

Téa Leoni as Claire Denham
An FBI special agent assigned to Shaw's case. Leoni joined the cast on October 21, 2010.[14] Leoni worked with FBI technical advisor Anne C. Beagan to prepare for her role. On her character and work with Beagan, Leoni said: "Agent Denham is your standard-issue, ball-breaking FBI agent. She's certainly a very tough lady, and it's not my first waltz with this type of character. However, I was able to spend some time with Anne, a great technical advisor we had on set. She's got this steely gaze that is terrifying, but what's underneath that is a very interesting lady. Beyond the technical aspects of the job, she provided so much more for me to use."[

Michael Peña as Enrique Dev'reaux
The bellhop and the newest employee of the building staff. Peña was cast on October 19, 2010

Gabourey Sidibe as Odessa Montero
A Jamaican-born maid threatened with deportation by Shaw's theft.[17] To perform her character's Jamaican accent, Sidibe had three dialect coaches help her prepare and practiced with a friend of Jamaican heritage.[18] Additionally, Sidibe worked with an actual safecracker to accurately portray breaking into locks.[17] Sidibe was cast on October 19, 2010

Judd Hirsch plays Mr. Simon, the building General Manager

and Stephen Henderson plays Lester, the tower's retiring doorman. Henderson was cast after the filmmakers saw his performance in August Wilson's Fences on Broadway. The cast is rounded out by Nina Arianda as Miss Iovenko, attorney-in-training, Juan Carlos Hernandez as Manuel the security guard, Harry O'Reilly as FBI Agent Dansk, Marcia Jean Kurtz as Rose, Peter Van Wagner as attorney Marty Klein, and Željko Ivanek as FBI Director Mazin

Jessica Szohr plays Sasha Gibbs, Charlie's wife. Heavy D has a cameo appearance as a guard at a courthouse.[21][22]

Back to top Go down
http://britxq.forummotions.com

Tower Heist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1